Adult Basic Education
This program supports the student in gaining the academic knowledge and skills that are needed to successfully complete a secondary diploma, acquire college readiness or prepare for vocational training.
The focus is on direct instruction in reading comprehension, academic vocabulary development, writing proficiency, math competency, test-taking strategies, study skills and workforce readiness.
Pre-registration is required: Please call the Adult Education office at 408/522-2700 or 408/522-2771 for registration information.
* Placement Test is required
You must take a placement test in order to enroll for the 2016-2017 school year.
Students need to be able to fill out this form on testing day https://goo.gl/Re1jXE
You can register for a free ABE placement test now.
FUHSD Adult School (Sunnyvale-Cupertino) Mission:
Prepare students to achieve educational, career, and personal goals.
To this end, all of our students will achieve the following School-wide Learning Outcomes:
1. Demonstrate an increased ability to communicate in both collaborative and independent settings.
2. Understand opportunities to become active and responsible members of our diverse community.
3. Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving.
4. Demonstrate effective self-management and interpersonal skills. Set and pursue goals.
5. Use resources and technology.