English as a Second Language
Welcome to the English as a Second Language Program site. Thank you for your interest.
During the regular school year, our ESL program offers free classes at several levels: Beginning Literacy, Low Beginning, High Beginning, Low Intermediate, High Intermediate, and Low Advanced. If you feel that you are a High Advanced ESL student, please look at the English Enhancement Classes in our Community Interest program.
All ESL classes meet two times a week. Our morning classes are at the Adult Education Center and Lynbrook High School. All evening classes are from 6:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. The night classes at Fremont High School and Columbia Middle School are held on Mondays and Wednesdays while the ones at Cupertino High School meet on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
New or returning ESL students for the 2014-2015 school year
Currently all Test Dates and Times for the 2014/15 School year are full. Please contact our office after May 1 for information regarding our 6 week summer session, and classes beginning in August for next school year.
Testing Dates and Times:
All Test Dates and Times are FULL
FUHSD Adult School (Sunnyvale-Cupertino) Mission:
Prepare students to achieve educational, career, and personal goals.
To this end, all of our students will achieve the following School-wide Learning Outcomes:
1. Demonstrate an increased ability to communicate in both collaborative and independent settings.
2. Understand opportunities to become active and responsible members of our diverse community.
3. Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving.
4. Demonstrate effective self-management and interpersonal skills. Set and pursue goals.
5. Use resources and technology.