English as a Second Language
Welcome to the English as a Second Language Program site. Thank you for your interest.
Unfortunately, our ESL Program is FULL for this school year. Please check back with us in early June to make plans for next school year.
During the regular school year, our ESL program offers free classes at several levels: Beginning Literacy, Low Beginning, High Beginning, Low Intermediate, High Intermediate, Low Advanced, and High Advanced.
All ESL classes meet two times a week. Our morning classes are at the Adult Education Center and Lynbrook High School and meet from 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.. All evening classes are from 6:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. The night classes at Fremont High School and Columbia Middle School are held on Mondays and Wednesdays while the ones at Cupertino High School meet on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
You must take a placement test in order to enroll for the 2015-2016 school year.
All ESL test dates are now full for this school year.
Check back with us in early June for placement testing dates for next school year.
FUHSD Adult School (Sunnyvale-Cupertino) Mission:
Prepare students to achieve educational, career, and personal goals.
To this end, all of our students will achieve the following School-wide Learning Outcomes:
1. Demonstrate an increased ability to communicate in both collaborative and independent settings.
2. Understand opportunities to become active and responsible members of our diverse community.
3. Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving.
4. Demonstrate effective self-management and interpersonal skills. Set and pursue goals.
5. Use resources and technology.